Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Break for nerds

I was really looking forward to spring break as a way to catch up on schoolwork and attend a day-long event for PRSSA members. I had babysitting lined up and schedule mapped. Then, of course, a small wrench was thrown into my spring break spokes and I needed to re-balance. New babysitting arrangements were set that turned out to be awesome and I was back on track. I spent two days at my new internship learning how things work there and one full and interesting day with fellow public relations students from area colleges learning about our chosen future profession. I was able to receive one-on-one feedback on my resume and toured three public relations agencies in downtown Jacksonville. We toured On Ideas, The Dalton Agency and Tucker Hall. The employees that gave us the tours were so gracious with their time and shared really great information to help us know if agency life is where we wanted to be. I arrived home feeling excited and with some new ideas and thoughts about places to apply for internships. I'm looking forward to wherever I'll be interning in the fall.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great - so exciting! Also, I'm glad to know that you're blogging :-) I'll have to catch up on your other posts.

    ReplyDelete